Heidelberg Unseminars in Bioinformatics are participant-driven meetings where people with an interest in bioinformatics come together to discuss hot topics and exchange ideas and then go for a drink and a snack afterwards. Check out future or past events.
Get involved in HUB
Feel free to join us in one of our upcoming unseminars. If you like it: HUB is all about community participation – let us know if you’d like to get involved, by simply send an empty mail to email@example.com. For more information, see these pages:
- Signing up to get involved in specific HUB-related activities
- Giving ideas for future HUB meetings
- Giving ideas for ways to collaborate with CUB Cape Towners (Cape Unseminars in Bioinformatics)
- Here are the minutes/agendas of several of our planning meetings
- Help us publicize HUB meetings
We keep the minutes of our planning meetings online for all to read – for earlier HUBs these are provided in the wiki pages for those specific HUBs, from HUB12 we’re trying out putting them all together in this HUB planning meeting minutes page.
Stay in touch with HUB
Want to keep in touch with the HUB community in other ways?
- Join the mailinglist by sending an empty mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our events or follow our calendar.
- Join the HUB LinkedIn group – great for keeping in touch with other HUB participants, even once they’ve left the area.
- Tweet us on @HUBioinformatic and/or with the hashtag #hub_hub.
Extra HUB activities
- Help us prepare some HUB accessories (T-shirts, Mugs, Stickers etc.)
- Get involved in HUB-related training/teaching/courses
- Collaboratively writing an article about organising unseminars/unconferences in bioinformatics such as:
- Biggest challenges in bioinformatics. (PMID:23492829 PMCID:PMC3615659)
- Ten simple rules for organizing an unconference. (PMID:25633715 PMCID:PMC4310607)