- This event has passed.
HUB20 – Storytelling in Science
December 8, 2015 from 18:30 - 20:30
Here’s a short report describing what took place at the event.
- When? Tuesday December 8th 2015
- 18.30: unseminar
- 20.30: Christmas market
- Where? Hoersall 12a, Grabengasse 3-5, Universitaetzplatz, Heidelberg
- Who? Please sign up to this Doodle poll if you plan on coming, to help us judge numbers.
The human brain loves storytelling, and by weaving narrative into the way we talk about our science can help people to form an emotional connection and potentially perk their interest in your work. This approach, while certainly useful for communicating science to the general public, is useful in many other areas, from shaping research strategy, writing grant applications, or wow-ing an audience of peers. In this unseminar, we will work together to empower skills of storytelling, combining strong narratives with a real overview of your science and also having a lot of fun along the way.
- Welcome and introduction (10 mins)
- Ice-breaker (15 mins) (any ideas? Christmassy one?)
- Talks (20 mins) (Eva and one other…)
- Interviews: telling your science story (30 mins)
- Creating analogies (30 mins)
- Final words
- To Christmas Market (ca. 20:15)
In case we need it, here’s a link to the HUB wiki page for this event
To do for the event:
- Bring projector: AIDAN
- Bring cards for icebreaker: LAURA
- Open the room: AIDAN
- Hang out signs around the venue: LAURA
- Welcome people and hand out stickers: AIDAN
- Send reminder mail to all@HUB on the day: AIDAN
- Bring drinks and cups: ADAM